Eurocables (Belfast) Limited (“Eurocables”) Privacy Notice
We understand that privacy and the security of Your personal information is extremely important.
This privacy statement explains what personal data Eurocables collects from You, through our interactions with You and through our products, and how We use that data.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. Eurocables processes personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose may differ.
• Personal Data We Collect
• How We Use Personal Data
• When We Might Share Your Personal Data With Third Parties
• Eurocables Security Measures
• How Long We Keep Your Data For
• Your Rights
• Other Websites
• Changes To Our Privacy Notice
• Data controller and contact information
Personal Data We Collect
We collect information about You when You register with Us or place an order for products or services. We do this to operate effectively and provide You the best customer experience. You may provide this data directly such as when You
• register to open an account with Us;
• register to use our website, applications or services; this may include Your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We may also ask You to provide additional information about Your business and Your preferences;
• complete online forms or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website;
• provide Your contact details to Us when registering to use or accessing any websites, applications, or services We make available or when You update those details; and
• order from our trade counter;
• contact our customer and technical service for support;
• sign up to our newsletters;
• call Us or email Us to require information on our products and services.
• apply for a job position;
• interact with Us using social media;
• contact Us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
We collect personal data directly such as name, age, gender, address and e-mail address as well as indirectly such as through cookies; connection and system information.
We also obtain data from third parties to the extent permitted by applicable law. These might include marketing companies from which We purchase demographic data, publicly available sources (such as open government databases), credit agencies, and so on.
When You are asked to provide personal data, You may decline. But if You choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, You may not be able to use that product or feature. The data We collect depends on the type of interaction You have with Us, the choices You make within Your consent form or within Your privacy settings and it can include the following:
Name and contact data. We collect Your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Payment data. We collect data necessary to process Your payment if You make purchases, such as Your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with Your payment instrument. If You are paying by credit card We do not retain any records after processing the payment.
Our cookies help Us:
• Make our website work as You’d expect
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Continuously improve our website for You
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without Your express permission)
• Collect any sensitive information (without Your express permission)
• Pass data to advertising networks
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Third party functions
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting Your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites It may be that Your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in Your browser You may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
How We Use Personal Data
We collect information about You to process Your order, manage Your account and, if You agree to email You about other products and services We think may be of interest to You.
The processing of such Data is necessary for Us in order to be able to manage Our contractual relationship efficiently. Your Data will be accessed by Our employees on a need-to-know basis only, in accordance with the purposes set forth above or insofar as such access is required by law. We may also share Your Data with Our affiliates for the purpose of processing Your order, conducting the delivery of the products to Your premises and any other auxiliary operation, as necessary.
Your personal data will be not shared outside of Eurocables for marketing purposes.
When We Might Share Your Personal Data With Third Parties
We will only share personal data with third parties when We are legally permitted to do so. When We engage with third parties We put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
We might share Your personal data without obtaining any further consent to complete any transaction or provide any product You have requested or authorized. For example:
• when You provide payment data to make a purchase, We will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction;
• when We deliver products You purchased We share Your data with third parties postage providers or couriers;
• when We activate Your products, or warranty We might share Your data with vendors and subcontractors;
• where We outsource any of our business functions under which We collect or store Your data, in which case We will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to Your data as undertaken by Us;
• where We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
if We are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In particular We might transfer personal data to:
• Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to Us;
• Third party organisations that otherwise assist Us in providing goods and information (i.e. couriers, etc.);
• Auditors and other professional advisors;
• Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation;.
Eurocables Security Measures
Eurocables takes security measures in line with data protection regulations. These measures are designed in order to prevent data loss, preserve data integrity, and regulate access to the data. Only authorized Eurocables employees, and authorized employees of our third-party service providers’ processing data on our behalf, have access to Your personal data.
How Long We Keep Your Data For
We will retain Your Data for the duration of Our contractual relationship plus the relevant prescription period, except to the extent that We are required by law to retain it for a longer period of time (in which case, We will retain it for the period required by law).
You have the right to obtain information and access the data that We are processing about You, and to request that such data be (i) rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete, (ii) erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose of the processing, or (iii) that its processing be restricted in certain circumstances. You may also object to the processing of Your data that We conduct in Our legitimate interests, on grounds relating to Your particular situation. If You would like a copy of some or all of Your personal information, please write to Us at the following address;
1 West Bank Road, Belfast Harbour Estate, Belfast BT3 9JL
We will endeavour to answer Your request without delay and within one month of receipt. If due to either the complexity of Your request or the number of requests received at the same time, We need to extend this period by up to two further months, We will inform You within one month of receipt of any such extension together with the reasons for the delay.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner Office (www.ico.org.uk) if You think that any of Your rights have been infringed by Us.
We want to make sure Your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask Us to correct or remove information You think is inaccurate.
Eurocables internet site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Eurocables will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children on its Internet Site except as permitted under applicable law.
Changes To Our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and We will place any updates on this Web page.
Data controller and contact information
The Data Controller is Eurocables (Belfast) Limited (registered in Northern Ireland under registration NI031739, ICO registration no. Z6794197) with registered office at 1 West Bank Road, Belfast Harbour Estate, Belfast BT3 9JL, United Kingdom.